1. Working on a third sonnet-sonnet and two full-length manuscripts -- but not so much tonight.
2. Instead, watched on television the debate from Cleveland between Senators Obama and Clinton. I had to keep getting up and walking into the other room. How very squirmy I get when they go at each other politician style.
3. Also tonight, compiled notes for my class tomorrow on the first half of David Markson's This Is Not a Novel.
4. Letters to write: Bretticus, Alexis, and Deano.
5. Secret collaboration with Conway Twitty (which is not his real name of course, and that's part of how it stays a secret)...
6. This afternoon, watched the Teletubbies with Agnes, who clapped and danced acrobatically. I like La-La best. She likes saying "La-La" best. After the original Twilight Zone and Lost, The Teletubbies is perhaps my favorite television show...ever. Big hug. Again again. Big hug. Again again.
7. Listened (doesn't matter when) to The Blood Brothers' Burn Piano Island Burn, then 2 mix Cds--one of Berlin-era David Bowie that Darren Callahan made me, and one by Mike Vallera with bands like Eastern Youth and The Good Life--incidentally Darren (who's in Travel with me) and Mike are my two cohorts in a new band called The Dictionary. See the album cover. See pictures of the recording.
8. Took some ibuprofen.
9. Made some pesto.
10. Sang and played 3 songs on the guitar: two of my own and "The Science of Myth" by Screeching Weasel.
11. Tweaked a few new poems.
12. Printed out Forklift submissions.
13. Tomorrow tomorrow...
14. How could I end on the number 13?
15. And while I'm at it: Do aesthetic judgments really always imply economic ones?
17. Course Descriptions
18. YOU ARE HERE
19. Thank you for everything.