Thursday, August 20, 2009

CURRENT(S) AND BLAH AND NEW CENTO BINGO CENTOS

I.

Reading:

1) Or to Begin Again--Ann Lauterbach
2) Last Evenings on Earth and The Romantic Dogs--Roberto Bolano
3) Big Bell #3
4) Easy Eden--Micah Ballard & Patrick James Dunagan
5) Splendid Darke--Ken Henson
6) The Drought--Dana Ward


Listening:

1) Leaves in the Gutter E.P.--Superchunk
2) History Of--Zero Boys
3) Farm--Dinosaur Jr.
4) I'm a Flower Too--The Sonic Dolls
5) Fate to Fatal E.P.--The Breeders


II.

Really hard time writing anything here of late. Working on so many projects that when I could be blogging I'm too burnt to think about it. Classes start at the Art Academy next week. I'm ready and excited for the new year, but need to tweak a bit more the syllabi... Writing lots of poems--possibly terrible (hopefully not). Work is work, I won't complain. If I owe you an email, I'm sorry. The weird aftershocks of the summer's punk rock tour won't seem to go away, i.e. the damn thing really did a number on my health... Welcome to my 40s.


III.

Poet Kiki Petrosino played Cento Bingo with one of the classes she was teaching this summer, and you can read some of the results over at the Cento Bingo blog.


No comments: