Also, if you aren't keeping up with poet and editor (of LUNGFULL!) Brendan Lorber's ACCULORBER Weather Forecast, then you're not keeping up. It's a lot more than weather. I've put a link to it under my In Awe links to the right, but you should subscribe. Here are some of the details from this week's report:
You know what the weather is going to be like?
Who cares. You think the weather cares what you're like?
The latest Acculorber Weekend Weather Forecast
is now available for you to brace yourself with...
Highlights for this weekend:
• Escapism through foreclosed home-made ice-cream.
• I like to eat ice cream in the privacy of my home where I won't be judged.
• Out of chocolate chips for your ice cream? Use Xanax.
• Out of Xanax, use Promazine. Good for skittish livestock, great for ice cream.
• Replacing flood-damaged carpets with beautiful self-maintaining moss
• Spoiler Alert: muggy this weekend with chancy thunderstorms
From the episode: "I like how the stock market goes down because they're afraid the economy will tank and the economy tanks because the stock market goes down. Or that the economy falls apart because everyone’s laid off and the response is to lay everyone off. It's like drinking a lot of coffee to really get to the bottom of your anxiety disorder. You will get some answers — very very accurate answers — but they are not going to be the answers you were hoping for."
bonus: a new comment section on the site so you can chime in.
Coming this fall, if we make it that far: exciting poetry news.
Don't forget to set your clocks back this weekend,