Monday, June 18, 2012

COLDFRONT SONGS OF THE WEEK

Hi Everyone,

See links below to all four of my recent Coldfront Mag Songs of the Week.

If you don't know the series, each week, Coldfront's Song of the Week series editor, Jackie Clark, asks a poet to choose a song that's meant something to them and then write about it in 150 words or less.  I cheated, of course.  Some of mine are a little longer than 150 words (though not much).  Also, I asked Jackie if I could pick the song of the week for four weeks in a row, because I wanted to say more than a few words about these new-fangled, post-hardcore bands that I've been listening to for months now.  I think their energy, their lyrics, their abandon are having a real effect on my poems and especially the way I perform them.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy the music and maybe a little of what I have to say about it.  --M

*****


1) "All Our Bruised Bodies and the Whole Heart Shrinks" by La Dispute, published May 29th, 2012

2) "Imperfect but Ours"by The Saddest Landscape, published June 4th, 2012

3) "~" by Touché Amoré, published June 11th, 2012

4) "Good Times" by Pianos Become the Teeth, published June 18th, 2012

No comments: