Thursday, July 31, 2008

CURRENT(S)

Reading/Rereading

1. Superfecta--Clay Matthews (which I wholeheartedly recommend.  He does narrative poems the right way, the Clay way).
2. Amulet--Roberto Bolano
3. The Lumberyard #2 (great journal out of Louisville, KY)
4. After Dark--Haruki Murakami
5. The Dharma Bums (for The Beat Gen vs. The NY School class that I'm teaching in the Fall)


Listening

1. Stay Positive--The Hold Steady
2. Modern Guilt--Beck
3. A Brief History of the 20th Century--Gang of Four
4. Boo Human--Joan of Arc
5. Vanhandled--a mix by my pal Vandoren Wheeler (Thanks Van!)


*****

The new CD by my band Travel, =Writes, is now available to order from Travel guitarist, keyboardist, and producer Darren Callahan's site (click on the link above, then scroll down to the Travel records, click on =Writes, and that'll take you to Paypal).  I hope you'll check it out. Eventually it'll be up on the Travel site, but knowing us it might be a while.

No comments: