1) "Poetry is a revelation in words by means of the words."--Wallace Stevens, "The Noble Rider and the Sound of Words"
2) New Incliner blog
3)"To the man who is lost in love, what will help him? An explanation?"--Wittgenstein
4) Sermons and Lectures Both Blank and Relentless
5) How could I have known the effect the news would have, infusing my life with a need to do the opposite? A blanket of cotton. Girls on the Run. In account after account, the language was language, but the language was life and even better.
6) "We did what we had to, and we didn't survive. Only the fakes survive."--John Lydon, The Filth and the Fury
7) "Thanatos is the biggest tourist on Earth"--Roberto Bolano, 2666
8) "Stevens disliked explaining because he feared that readers would lose interest in poems they could comprehend fully. It was not a question of mystification. Rather, he understood that pure poetry succeeds when it detaches the rader from reason and reality lifts him by the most tenuous threads to another plane of existence. To explain is to make the reader overly onscious of those filaments and so to subvert their function."--Milton J. Bates, Wallace Stevens: A Mythology of Self
9) "Real mysteries cannot be solved, but they can be turned into better mysteries."--Greil Marcus, Lipstick Traces
10) "Here I am, well-advanced in my paper, with everything of interest that I started out to say remaining to be said."--Wallace Stevens, "The Noble Rider and the Sound of Words"